Keeping your resolutions and goals usually requires some tools. There are the intangible tools, of course --- the sorts of things our series of articles have been about. But, in this particular article, I'm going to talk about some real, concrete tools.
If you are in our martial arts classes, or thinking of joining, here are some tools that will help you achieve the highest level of success:
- Uniform - A basic, beginner uniform is good enough for a child just starting out; however, the right karate uniform can make a big difference. Serious students quickly discover that, unless they want to do laundry quite frequently, several good quality uniforms are essential. Ask Sensei which uniforms would be best for you.
- Water bottle - Our special dojo sports bottle comes with a lifetime supply of drinking water.
- Healthy energy snacks - Starting a workout hungry will not help you train hard.
For our fitness classes (including Fight Class) the following tools will maximize your success:
- Hand wraps
- Good quality bag gloves
- Jump rope sized for you
- Suitable workout clothes
- Grappling gloves (especially for green belts and above in Fight Class)
For parents who want to make sure they are doing their best in helping their children succeed in our karate program, we now offer our Parents Package, which includes:
- Child's square target
- Child's kicking shield
- Black Belt Parenting book
- Mesh duffle bag
Read more about having a successful 2009.