Shinjin Karate School of Keichu Ryu
720 S. Frontage Rd. #108, Nipomo, California
We offer martial arts and fitness classes for ages 5 - adult.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Mykel Wahl

On February 11, 2005, Philip Wahl (a student at Five Cities Keichu-Do) lost his older brother Mykel in a tragic accident. We were working out at the Santa Maria dojo, training with weapons, when we got the news of Mykel's accident.

Friends and family have set up a tribute website for Mykel

Although I never knew Mykel (the closest I ever got to meeting him was seeing him in our church parking lot after class) his death still had a profound impact on me. Yesterday, through a somewhat serendipitous set of circumstances, I ended up purchasing a Paul Chen reproduction of a Viking sword and I haven't been able to stop thinking of Mykel...

No comments: