Shinjin Karate School of Keichu Ryu
720 S. Frontage Rd. #108, Nipomo, California
We offer martial arts and fitness classes for ages 5 - adult.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Resolve today: make sure my resolutions are meaningful to me

It should go without saying. Why on earth would we commit to a change in our lives that is not meaningful to us? Would anyone really do that?

Many of us do that all the time. We get caught up in the "shoulds", as in, "I should lose weight" or "I should try to learn to like my husband's strange hobbies" or "I should bake cookies for every school bake sale". But, if our new resolutions seem like punishments to us, if they do not fill us with anticipation, it will be almost impossible for us to succeed. If it's a goal you really don't want to reach, why work for it?

Go over your resolutions. Make sure you are committed to every one. Don't be afraid to abandon or modify those that you do not truly believe are worth your efforts. Be excited about your resolutions and goals!

No comments: